Jose Mourinho has been vocal this season that the Premier League isn't doing enough to help their clubs in Europe, and after three seasons where most English sides have disappointed in the Europa and Champions League, they've finally given in to common sense:
Chelsea FC (@chelseafc) April 11, 2014
This is very welcome news, as it will give the Blues an extra day of rest between Sunderland and their first leg against Atletico Madrid. It's just a shame a club has to reach the latest stages of the tournament before this becomes regular practice. This game was originally set to be played on Sunday, April 20.
I really hope the league makes this sort of change more frequently in the future, as most other leagues have been doing this for all of their clubs for years. This is a nice start, though.
- UEFA's statement on Courtois changes course from previous stance
- UEFA issues statement on the Thibaut Courtois situation
- Chelsea draw Atletico Madrid for the 2014 Champions League semifinal
- The Daily Hilario: Champions League semifinal draw
- The latest Eden Hazard to PSG rumor was just another English tabloid fabrication