Yesterday we heard that Eden Hazard was fit after taking a knock while on international duty, but that neither Ashley Cole nor David Luiz would be fit enough to play any part in today's match against Tottenham Hotspur. And now you can add another name to the butcher's bill: John Obi Mikel.
Here's the manager:
And players that went to the national teams, some come back with problems also. Mikel is injured from the national team, David Luiz is injured from the national team. Hazard has a little thing but he is ready to play.
Obviously, Mikel's not a first-choice player at the moment thanks to Nemanja Matic, but losing midfield depth is still not ideal considering how lost this team sometimes looks there. And being without both Mikel and David Luiz means that Jose Mourinho can't go to his favourite defensive 4-3-3 with those two plus Matic in the centre to see out wins, either.
We'll let you know about time frames for a recovery when that news comes out.
- Could Fernando Torres be heading to Inter Milan this summer?
- The Daily Hilario: Matchday 29, FA Cup, MLS Opening Kick
- Willian tempts fate ahead of crucial Spurs clash
- Chelsea vs. Tottenham: Preview, squad news, television, streaming, weather, and more
- Defensive duo missing for Tottenham, but Eden Hazard is fit