Jose Mourinho was pretty upset with the performance of incompetent referee Chris Foy this past weekend, and made sure not to comment at all on his terrible performance in order to avoid a fine. The FA still found reason to charge the Chelsea manager on Wednesday, even without Mourinho commenting:
Jose Mourinho has been charged by The FA following his side’s game against Aston Villa on Saturday 15 March 2014.
It is alleged the Chelsea manager’s behaviour in re-entering the field of play in or around the 90th minute of the fixture and approaching the Match Referee amounted to improper conduct.
Mourinho has until 6pm on 24 March 2014 to respond to the charge.
The boss will probably end up being fined for this, even if Gabriel Agbonlahor isn't disciplined for a more violent version of the same offense. Chris Foy will likely end up bungling yet another game this weekend, without any sort of consequences for his repeated awful performances. At least he won't be doing our game against Arsenal.
- Ever wonder just how hard Gary Cahill can kick a football?
- Goal analysis: Eto'o vs. Galatasaray
- Turns out Chelsea did indeed break Pep Guardiola's Barcelona
- The Daily Hilario: Champions League Round of 16 wraps up
- Confident and in control, Chelsea are ready to face anyone in the Champions League final eight