One thing I've always liked about Gary Cahill is his shooting technique. Although he's better known for scoring goals in the air, Cahill's got some pretty impressive power in his right boot, and he's used it to good effect a couple of times for us. But until yesterday he'd never been in a position where he simply gets to hit the ball at goal as hard as he possibly can. Happily, he finally got that chance in the 43rd minute of the Galatasaray match:
My favourite thing about the goal is that the ball seems to just hang in the air while Cahill's taking his wind-up. With Fernando Muslera out of the picture and the defenders on the line milling around like frightened children, Cahill was always going to score. But you can't blame anyone for not getting a block in -- had they tried they'd have lost a limb.
- Turns out Chelsea did indeed break Pep Guardiola's Barcelona
- The Daily Hilario: Champions League Round of 16 wraps up
- Confident and in control, Chelsea are ready to face anyone in the Champions League final eight
- Chelsea cruise past diabolical Galatasaray
- Chelsea 2 - Galatasaray 0: Initial reaction and community rating form