Spursy Spurs spursing spurs spurs. Spurs spurs Spurs spursified. Spursy Lloris spursing spursy spurs spurs. Spurs!
- 24 years (28 matches) and counting.
- Mourinho making the winning move, choosing Drogba to start over Remy. DD now has 4 goals and 5 assists in his last 9 matches against Tottenham.
- Very surprised Cahill stayed on until half. He was already out of sorts before getting the head knock and was only getting worse by the minute.
- Zouma looked quite good in the more aggressive role next to JT, and made several good interceptions.
- A horrendous first 15 minutes, then Chelsea settled the tie with two goals in three minutes. Efficient. Clinical. Played it safe in the second half and looked to counter through Willian (who once again contributed to the decrease of the global lion population) and Drogba/Remy.
- Fourth clean sheet in a row for Courtois. T-BO!
- Matic's yellow card means a one-game suspension and thus he won't be available against Newcastle. That will be concerning. Cesc made it through without a booking fortunately and was subbed early just to make sure.
- Chelsea remain unbeaten on the season and perfect at home in the league. More importantly, the three points maintain the six-point gap to Manchester City in second (thanks for nothing, Sunderland).
- One team in London.