Chelsea will finish the first half of the Premier League season atop the table after a 1-1 draw at Southampton. The Blues were pretty dreadful early on, but Southampton couldn't maintain their early pressure, and the final hour was pretty much all Chelsea.
Southampton opened the scoring after a rare defensive error from John Terry left Thibaut Courtois out to dry, but Eden Hazard did a typically wonderful thing to send it into the break level at 1-1. Despite Southampton settling into a defensive shell and loads of Chelsea pressure after the break, the Blues will take just one point home with them.
- This was one of the worst games I've seen from Nemanja Matic since he re-joined the Blues. Hopefully it's just a one match blip.
- Eden Hazard is really good.
- Andre Schurrle just can't seem to get it going this season. Hopefully nothing is wrong with Oscar, as the club are clearly better off at the moment with Willian, Oscar, and Hazard behind the striker.
- I think we started to see the effect of the recent diving stories involving Chelsea. The booking Cesc Fabregas received was ridiculous.
- NBC's streaming service would be fantastic, if they would just get rid of the idiotic delay. Is a live stream really that difficult? I mean, FOX manages to pull it off...