Another successful European night at Stamford Bridge. Back on the trail of fun and winning!
A few thoughts:
- Mikel scores when he wants.
- Filipe Luis was quite good in the first half, I felt, but he was distinctly subpar in the second.
- Diego Costa was quite poor for most of the first half, but improved as the game went along.
- Everybody else: job well done.
- Zouma's continuing to improve with every passing game.
- Big fan of the 4-3-3; the midfield trio of Matic-Mikel-Cesc was enjoyable.
- Ruben Loftus-Cheek! Ten minutes on his Chelsea debut; lots of composed touches, one not so composed (the first one). One tremendous interception and one heavy foul suffered. And one offside. Good times.