We've got further details on the Kurt Zouma financials, courtesy of L'Equipe and Inside Futbol. We've heard that St. Etienne's asking price for the 19-year-old centre back was on the order of €15 million; it turns out that Chelsea's bid was slightly lower: €13 million plus €3 million in (probably appearance-related) bonuses. No complaints on that front -- it's a very reasonable price for a young player with Zouma's sky-high potential.
Zouma's expected to sign a five-and-a-half year deal with the Blues, so this one won't have a significant impact on our Financial Fair Play tally unless he's on stupendously high wages (which he won't be, at least so far as top-flight footballers are concerned -- expect something around £45,000 a week). Chelsea are still refusing to comment on whether a deal will happen, but with St. Etienne saying that the transfer is all but complete... well, I guess we'll find out during Jose Mourinho's press conference in a couple of hours.
- The Daily Hilario: Transfer deadline day special, plus Chelsea U21s
- Man of the match Eden Hazard, bravest Chelsea knight in the siege of the 19th Century West Ham wall
- Chelsea U18 captain transfers to AFC Bournemouth
- Potential Chelsea Transfer Target: Luke Shaw
- What would signing Zouma mean for David Luiz?