Romelu Lukaku started his second Merseyside derby on Tuesday, but wasn't able to terrorize the Liverpool defense the way he has in the past. Lukaku suffered an injury that forced him off short of the half hour mark, being replaced by Steven Naismith.
Lukaku was injured during the corner which opened the scoring, appearing to roll his right ankle on the play. Gareth Barry slipped behind him and slid into the back of the Belgian, at which point the injury occurred. Tim Howard and the Everton trainer were forced to help Rom off the pitch when he was unable to put any weight on the injury.
NBC are reporting that Lukaku has suffered "ligament damage" to the ankle, though they aren't reporting any specifics. Here's hoping it's not too serious...
- Lucas Piazon gives us some insight into how Chelsea guide their loanees
- Chelsea vs. West Ham: Preview, squad news, television, streaming, weather, and more
- Time to give up the amazing midfield dream
- Chelsea squad 4th most expensive in Europe by transfer fees
- Guardiola confirms that Toni Kroos could leave Bayern Munich