Jose Mourinho has confirmed that Chelsea will not be adding a striker in January, despite the sudden windfall from the transfers of Juan Mata and Kevin De Bruyne.
Mourinho—"We are not bringing a striker in this transfer window. Hopefully we are done." #CFC— CarloFan (@CarloFan) January 24, 2014
The boss has been fairly clear in the past that we'll be seeing a signing this summer, and the continued insistence that we're not making a January move would lead me to believe that we've already got a summer target in mind.
Who this summer target is is something that Mourinho didn't even hint at, but if he's telling the truth, we'll be seeing out the season with the trio of Samuel Eto'o, Demba Ba' and Fernando Torres. That won't stop the inevitable January rumors though.
- Bertrand Traore will finally arrive at Vitesse on Saturday
- How do visiting goalkeepers fare at Stamford Bridge?
- Liverpool still in the dark over Salah after Chelsea poach winger
- Loanee wins Football League Young Player of the Month for December
- Report: Mata delays are down to Chelsea
- Man United sponsors Chevrolet misfire, "confirm" Mata signing on Twitter
- Expectations high in Egypt as Chelsea, Salah close in on deal