Well done Patrick Bamford. Although he's definitely not the sexier of our two on-loan 20-year-old strikers, he's the one in better form at the moment and he's been rewarded for a very good December with the Football League Young Player of the Month award. When you consider that every youngster in three divisions is eligible for the award, it becomes even more impressive.
Bamford's winning performances came at MK Dons; he's since moved up a level to Derby County, and he's continued his goalscoring antics in the Championship. A strong half-season with the Rams will put Bamford in very nice position for a loan to a top level side next year, and if he succeeds there... well, it's nice to dream, isn't it?
Here's Bamford himself on the win:
Even though it is a team game and you are always striving to do your best for the team, to get personal awards is really nice. It was a great experience at MK Dons and a great learning curve. I really enjoyed it there and I managed to score a few goals. I was a bit reluctant to leave but I knew for my own career and development I had to push on.
Hopefully it's just the first of many.
- Man United sponsors Chevrolet misfire, "confirm" Mata signing on Twitter
- Expectations high in Egypt as Chelsea, Salah close in on deal
- EXCLUSIVE: Van Ginkel takes up Chelsea bad boy mantle with Mata departure looming
- Essien to AC Milan could either be a loan or a permanent deal, depending on Chelsea
- Chelsea and John Terry aren't close on contract terms, according to report