Here's the latest news in the weird, weird saga of Thorgan Hazard: Things are getting even stranger. His current loan club, Zulte Waregem, have confirmed in an official release that his representatives have asked for his contract to be terminated so that he can make the switch to Anderlecht before the end of the transfer window; Essevee also noted that they turned down the request and that Thorgan Hazard skipped training in response.
Zulte Waregem seem perfectly happy to allow Anderlecht to take the youngster, since he wants to go so much, but they are requesting that they be compensated fairly and, if my Google Translate skills aren't failing me, so far they're not happy with either what they've been offered or the deadlines Anderlecht have been insisting on.
So yes, this is suitably insane for a loan player. Hopefully the move (or lack thereof) doesn't have a negative impact on Hazard's play over the rest of the season, but the longer this goes on the more disruptive it has to be.
- Chelsea finally look like true contenders again
- Mind over Mata: Why we'll be ok if Chelsea sell (but not to Manchester United)
- There's nothing new to report on Juan Mata's rumored move to Manchester United
- Chelsea defender should go on loan, according to his national team coach
- The dumbest transfer story ever, starring Juan Mata, David Moyes, Diego Costa, and Filipe Luis