As soon as we saw what the weather in London was doing today, I'm sure many of us half expected a scoreless draw. While Chelsea generally looked the more likely side to score, in the end the scoreless draw is what we ended up with.
While a win would have been quite a bit more fun, a point from this fixture is certainly a decent outcome. That leaves us two points adrift after 17 games, not a bad position to be in with January reinforcements to come. We'll have the full match report up for you in a bit, but for now here are a few thoughts on the game:
- I was fairly pleased when I saw the squad this evening, given the 80 mph winds and waterlogged pitch. The one place I wasn't thrilled was the inclusion of Fernando Torres, as I thought Demba Ba would have been perfect for a sloppy, error filled game.
- Say what you will about Mourinho's 'negative' tactics to start the game, but Chelsea were the only side to create anything of note in the first half.
- It will be interesting to see whether or not the FA decide to take a closer look at the Mikel tackle from the first half. I'll be very curious to see what Mike Dean had to say about it.
- Arsene Wenger should probably look into velcro or snaps, as the zipper continues to trouble him.
- Mike Dean did a terrible job of keeping control of the game, something that seems to be the case anytime an official tries to 'let the players play'.
More from We Ain't Got No History
- Report: Omeruo receives 'massive boost' to Chelsea career
- The Lazar Markovic rumours are back
- Mourinho took a paycut to join Chelsea and hopes to stay for 12 years
- Are Inter having second thoughts about selling Fredy Guarin?
- No decision on Kevin De Bruyne expected before January
- Arsenal vs. Chelsea: Squad News, TV & Streaming Information, Preview