I'm not even sure whether this qualifies as silly rumour or news, but either way it's interesting, so I shall write about it. Rumblings of potential Chelsea interest in Galatasaray striker Burak Yilmaz -- scorer of 32 goals in 35 appearance last year -- have been making their way through the footballing world for several months now, and someone's finally thought to ask Galatasaray about them.
Their reply was surprisingly positive:
If he wants to go and Chelsea are interested then of course, why not? I favour Turkish players going to Europe to play in European leagues.
-Galatasaray president Unal Aysal. Source: ESPN.
Now, that's not to say that Chelsea are interested or that this rumour has any legs at all, but Galatasaray apparently aren't interested in getting in the way should Chelsea want to chase after Yilmaz. That said, I'm not sure I'm keen on the idea, seeing as Yilmaz is 28 years old, would cost not-insignificant money and we can significantly upgrade our centre forward corps by not sending Romelu Lukaku out on loan again in the 2014/15 season.
But hey, at least his club would be cool with it.
More from We Ain't Got No History:
- Fernando Torres on Fernando Torres
- Chelsea players on international duty: how & when to watch this weekend
- Chelsea FC English Loan Roundup: October 10, 2013
- FA Chairman Greg Dyke uses Fernando Torres 'scratch' incident to highlight need to improve FA rules
- These are not the last Thibaut Courtois to Barcelona rumors - is it time to Cech in or to Cech out?