It was a disappointing afternoon for Chelsea in Wales, as they had to settle for a single point in Wales. Say what you will about the "loss" last weekend, but Chelsea looked flat today and certainly didn't deserve more than a pint in this one.
Victor Moses and Cesar Azpilicueta made their first league starts for Chelsea in the game, and it's nice to see them getting some action. Here's a few thoughts in the immediate aftermath of this one:
- Swansea sat deeper today than I've ever seen them do before. It's actually a bit nice to see, as I felt a lack of tactical flexibility hurt them at times last season.
- I was excited to see a little more of Romeu and Mikel playing together, but I can't say I've been too impressed either time I've seen it. That said, those two haven't had the benefit of our regular back four behind them yet.
- That first half wasn't the prettiest I've ever seen. We looked shaky at the back, and didn't create many good chances up front. Our pressing looked very good though.
- It's nice to see Victor Moses getting his first league goal for Chelsea. He's already a favorite of mine just due to what he's gone through to get here.
- Playing in hail can't be fun.
- I'm getting really tired of the late goals we keep conceding. Nothing is more frustrating.
- Everyone has games like this unfortunately, Chelsea really need to bounce back from this one with a win against Shakhtar.