Chelsea may not make many additions to the first team squad in January, but there are reports out France that we are currently discussing a move for the future involving Kurt Zouma. Here's what RMC had to say on the matter today:
According to our information, Inter Milan, Chelsea and Monaco entered into discussions with Saint-Etienne to transfer Kurt Zouma. The three clubs discuss with Etienne leaders for a transfer in June but officially recorded in January so he finished the season with the Greens.
It's impossible to say whether or not there's any truth to this report, but at least the details sort of makes sense. Chelsea have had interest in Zouma for a while, but bringing the defender to the club during the January window would seemingly make very little sense. Finalizing a deal while allowing him to remain at his current club would fit in with past practices though, and it would seem to make sense for all parties involved.
Whether or not a move comes to fruition, it's unsurprising to hear that we're still interested in Zouma. The player will certainly be worth following until he finalizes a move somewhere, and there's every reason to believe that Chelsea will remain in the mix until that happens.
- Derby County vs. Chelsea: Preview, squad news, television, streaming, weather, and more
- 2014 FA Cup: Derby County vs. Chelsea
- Derby County vs. Chelsea: You choose the squad
- Kenneth Omeruo suggests he's heading to Middlesbrough on loan
- Robert Lewandowski reportedly signing for Bayern Munich, the Blues will have to look elsewhere