According to Le10 Sport, Chelsea and Kurt Zouma have reached an agreement on a 5 1/2-year deal. The French paper are reporting that Chelsea are yet to reach an agreement with the club over the transfer of the player, but that once that agreement is reached, the personal terms are already sorted. They are also speculating that any agreement will include the long rumored loan back to St. Etienne until June, something most probably consider a given at this point.
Unfortunately, Le10 are one of the least reliable papers around. They occasionally get stories correct and actually seem to have legitimate contacts at most french clubs, but have an annoying habit of grossly exaggerating the truth in order to make a story out of nothing.
Frankly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they're doing exactly that in this particular case. Jose Mourinho confirmed yesterday that we've been in contact with the player, and that we were given permission by his club. Most likely, there's nothing more to this particular story than that, though it's still worth keeping in mind that Le10 occasionally manage to get stuff like this correct. Hopefully this isn't one of those cases where they're simply making up details to expand on day old news.
- Uwe Rosler has a plan to fix Josh McEachran, who took a paycut to join Wigan
- Chelsea vs. Stoke City: FA Cup preview, television, streaming, squad news, and more
- Essien thanks Mourinho and Abramovich, while speaking about joining AC Milan
- Chelsea reportedly 'reached a verbal agreement' for Diego Costa, but should we take it seriously?
- The Traore Odyssey: Part 1