De Gelderlander is reporting today the newly-signed Bertrand Traore will become the seventh Chelsea player to be loaned to Vitesse Arnhem. The paper is claiming that the deal will last the remainder of the 2013/14 season, though neither club have confirmed or denied the reports.
If true, it would make some sense for both Traore and Vitesse. The youngster would likely step into a starting role on the right flank in relatively short order, likely pushing Renato Ibarra to the bench. It would also likely impact Gael Kakuta, who stands to lose quite a bit of time if he's pushed even further down the pecking order.
If this move happens, Traore will have several weeks to acclimate to his new club. Vitesse are off until January 18, when they travel to PEC Zwolle.
- Report: Wolfsburg met with Chelsea about Kevin De Bruyne
- Mourinho sets the record straight on Oscar and Mata in-match incidents
- French court upholds 75% tax rate, will likely mean a very busy Ligue 1 transfer window
- Mourinho doesn't rule out a Juan Mata sale
- Southampton 0, Chelsea 3: an Oscar-worthy performance in more ways than one