The list of Chelsea players who will be looking for a new home on loan during the transfer window is already pretty long. This morning saw some quotes from the agent of Tomas Kalas, indicating that we can probably add the yong defender to that list:
"Zájem Tomáše i Chelsea je, aby na jaře pravidelně hrál. V průběhu ledna budeme hledat klub, ve kterém by mohl pravidelně nastupovat na postu středního obránce a aby to byl klub, který se filozofií blíží Chelsea."
Basically, the injuries suffered by Kalas this fall have hurt his chances of carving out a place in the squad, and he'll be looking for somewhere that he'll get regular playing time this spring. The club will also be looking to ensure he's used as a center back, as opposed to being used on the right.
Kalas is an interesting one, as he's one of the few potential loanees who is probably ready for minutes at the highest level. That said, just getting regular minutes is probably more important than finding the toughest challenge available, so finding a loan to a club which would start Kalas immediately should probably be the club's priority.
- Officially official: Chelsea finally complete Bertrand Traore signing
- Mourinho claims Chelsea will not buy a striker in January
- Chelsea reports nearly £50m in losses, still complies with FFP
- Southampton vs. Chelsea: Preview, squad news, television, streaming, weather, and more
- MK Dons confirm Patrick Bamford departure