Chelsea have just confirmed that Victor Moses will be spending the season on loan at Liverpool FC. They'll reportedly pick up the player's wages this year, in addition to paying Chelsea a 1.5 million pound loan fee.
The move likely won't be a popular one with Chelsea's fans, who have a longstanding hatred of all things Liverpool. It will be an excellent chance for the Nigerian to get minutes in a pretty solid side though, and that sort of thing can only be good for his development.
It's hard to picture Moses ever breaking back into the Chelsea side at this point, unless he improves considerably. With none of Juan Mata, Willian, Andre Schurrle, Oscar, Kevin De Bruyne, or Eden Hazard being over the age of 25, he'd have to be awfully good this season to push past any of that group. Hopefully he makes it a tough decision for the Blues though, without helping Liverpool achieve too high a finish.
More from We Ain't Got No History:
- Report: Moses loan to cost Liverpool £1.5m
- Poll: How would you rate Chelsea's transfer window so far?
- Chelsea's Ryan Bertrand linked to Everton to replace Leighton Baines
- Seven Chelsea players aside from Ba, Atsu, and Moses that could be loaned tomorrow
- T-minus one day to transferapalooza / Super-duperlicious Super Duper Sunday Funday Open Thread, Part II