Christian Atsu has confirmed what we've been hearing for days, that he's now a Chelsea FC player. The player tweeted the following picture this morning, confirming his move to the London club.
Atsu will reportedly meet up with several Chelsea teammates at Vitesse, spending the 2013/14 season in the Eredivisie. If you didn't already have enough reason to watch Dutch football this season, the addition of the promising Ghanaian is one more reason you should.
With the player already confirming the move and tweeting pictures of himself with a Chelsea kit, I'd assume it's simply a matter of time before we hear confirmation from the club. I'd also expect some work permit news from the Netherlands in the near future.
More from We Ain't Got No History:
- Mourinho puts Super Cup loss to use, plays subconscious mind games with future referees
- Southampton join Victor Moses chase -- Mirror
- Apparently Spurs were serious about this Juan Mata thing
- Jose Mourinho ends Chelsea's Wayne Rooney pursuit
- So close and yet so far: Chelsea hold their own against Bayern but lose Super Cup on penalties