The January transfer window has come to a close, and Chelsea will not be able to bring anyone else into the fold until the summer window opens. We'll be going with the players that we currently have for the remaining 14 Premier League contests, FA Cup ties, and Europa League campaign unless we find a player out of contract to add to the squad. Let's look back at the January window then and review the moves Chelsea have made. For tonight, I've ignored any half season loans that we've extended or any full season loanees that we simply moved to a different team.
- Demba Ba - 7 million pound transfer fee and a rumored 70k per week in wages, signed a 3.5 year contract
- Yossi Benayoun - Returned from a loan at West Ham that saw our London rivals paying a small portion of his wages. Under contract for the remainder of this season.
- Wallace - The remainder of Wallace's rights were purchased from Fluminense for about 4.5 million pounds.
- Milan Lalkovic - Returned from loan
- Daniel Sturridge - Danny was sold to Liverpool for 12 million pounds, and was on a reported 60-65k per week.
- Lucas Piazon - Loaned to Malaga until the end of the season
- Patrick Bamford - Loaned to MK Dons for the remainder of the season
- Todd Kane - Loaned to Blackburn until the end of the season.
- Wallace - Loaned back to Flu for the remainder of the season
- Ben Gordon - reportedly released from the last six months of his Chelsea contract
That's the entire January transfer window in a nutshell, so now would be an excellent time to reflect on the window as a whole. Discuss away, and please keep the comment section clean. Thanks, and I'm going to sleep now.