It looks like today has become Super Mario day here at WAGNH, as some quotes have appeared from the player's agent which indicate that the player wants to leave in January. From Mino Raiola:
"Mario wishes to leave Milan in January. We don’t know where he will go at the moment, we are looking at the different possibilities. Chelsea is one of the options, but there has been no offers and I cannot comment [on whether] we have been contacted."
If Mario Balotelli really wants to leave, this makes an already intriguing situation into an absolutely fascinating one. Balotelli's behavior can be absolutely maddening at times, but there is little question that he'd be an instant upgrade to the options Jose Mourinho currently has at his disposal.
Between the reports about Balotelli's availability this morning, AC Milan's surprising move to deny those reports, and these comments from the player's agent, I'd have to think there's at least enough happening that Chelsea need to be checking into the Balotelli situation. On the pitch, he's everything Mourinho has been indicating that we are missing. Considering how few of those players there are for Chelsea to target, the chance to snap up a 23-year old with this sort of ability is an opportunity we simply can't refuse.
- Chelsea vs. Liverpool: You choose the squad
- AC Milan refute claims that Mario Balotelli will be sold
- Milan ace on the market -- and Chelsea should be interested
- West Ham's Morrison could be available for cheap in January
- Expectations reasonable for Jose Mourinho and Chelsea
- Branislav Ivanovic retains the Serbian footballer of the year award
- Led by man of the match Eden Hazard, MaZaCar is the gift that keeps on giving