Yesterday some rumors started making the rounds about a Chelsea player who was touring Vitesse Arnhem. This morning there have been reports in both England and the Netherlands that would hint at who that player might have been.
Thiago Rodrigues da Silva (who we will simply call 'Mosquito') was phenomenal at the U17 World Cup just over a month ago. He's reportedly caught the eye of both Chelsea and Manchester United, and will be free to sign with either of them when he turns 18 in January.
Being Brazilian, the youngster would seem highly unlikely to obtain a work permit in England, which should be a major advantage for Chelsea in their pursuit. While other English clubs looking for his signature would need to find him a place to develop, Chelsea have already got an excellent option with Vitesse.
For now, this one should probably be chalked up as nothing more than a possibility to happen during the January window. It makes an awful lot of sense for all parties involved though, so it's one that's worth keeping an eye on.
- Kevin De Bruyne wants to leave Chelsea, according to reports
- Chelsea vs. Steaua Bucharest, Champions League: Squad News, TV & Streaming Information, Preview
- Mourinho: Defence 'did nothing wrong' against Sunderland
- Chelsea vs. Steaua Bucharest: You choose the squad
- Mourinho thinks Cole will get new deal