It doesn't seem likely that Samuel Eto'o will remain with Chelsea for a second season, but the club's best striker during the 2013/14 campaign will be heading to Brazil this summer. The 33-year old was called up to the Cameroon squad, a group that he will captain at the World Cup.
Cameroon will have a tough group, as they've been matched with Brazil, Mexico, and Croatia. It seems pretty unlikely that they'll manage to advance, but if they do, it will likely be in large part due to the play of Eto'o. The full squad is as follows.
Goalkeepers: Charles Itandje, Ndy Assembe, Sammy Ndjock, Loic Feudjou
Defenders: Allan Nyom, Dany Nounkeu, Cedric Djeugoue, Aurelien Chedjou, Nicolas Nkoulou, Armel Kana-Biyik, Henri Bedimo, Benoit Assou-Ekotto, Gaetang Bong
Midfielders: Eyong Enoh, Jean Makoun, Joel Matip, Stephane Mbia, Landry Nguemo, Alex Song, Cedric Loe, Edgar Sally
Strikers: Samuel Eto'o, Eric Choupo Moting, Benjamin Moukandjo, Vincent Aboubakar, Achille Webo, Mohamadou Idrissou, Fabrice Olinga
- Chelsea trio named to Belgian World Cup squad, Thorgan Hazard on standby
- Fernando Torres, Cesar Azpilicueta, Diego Costa named to preliminary Spanish World Cup squad
- Marco van Ginkel has nothing but praise for the Chelsea boss
- The Daily Hilario: How long until next season again?
- Andre, Ashley, and Azpi average awesomeness aplenty