Hi all, this happens to be my first post. Just want to discuss a few things i have noticed.
1. One of the reasons Oscar displaced Mata in the team at the season start was because of his ability to press and nick the ball of the opposition high up the pitch. But of late, his defensive contributions are hardly noticable.
2. Eden Hazard is no doubt the most talented player in our team. But i would like it better if he focused more on working hard on his game and talked less to the press about the Ronaldos and Messis.
3. Willian is good at taking the ball forward in counters, but always seems to get lost once he reach the 6 yard box. His indicisiveness results in the chance getting lost.
4. I have been thoroughly impressed with what little i could see of Salah. He has good pace and his first touch is Mataesque.
5. Whats up with Ramires. He has been performing real poor for over a month now. He has never been great at passing. But his tirelessly closing down opposition players has gone missing as well.
6. As most of us already know, Matic has been a revalation. His absence for UCL will really be felt. With Hazard not defending as much as early in the season, Azpi gets exposed and outnumbered without Matic.
7. A lot of people are blaming our recent loses on the strikers(Torres really). But i would like to say that this side has more fundamental flaws which wont be fixed simply with a Costa or a Cavani. Too may players dwell on the ball for far too long letting defenders close them down.
8. Ever since the Sunderland loss in December, We seem to have got better with each match and hit our peak against Manchester City. The game were everything clicked.
After that, we have been sliding down gradually. I see the Arsenal game as more of Wenger being Wenger than us being at our best.
9. The AstonVilla game seems to have really damaged our morale. The team has not been the same after that.
10. We really have trouble breaking down organized defenses. I would blame a lot of it on our lack of off the ball movement. All our players move towards the ball to collect it rather than try to loose their markers and make space for themselves to play a one-two.
And here's something to cheer you guys up.
Chesea - assume we win remaing 6 games = 87 points
Liverpool win 5 (v City) and lose against us = 86 pts
Man City win 6, lose to Liverpool, draw another (Everton/Nowrich) = 86 pts
Believe in Mou. We are still in it. KTBFFH !!