Great news going into the second leg of our semifinal against Atletico Madrid: Our best attacking player is available. Eden Hazard has been encased in bubblewrap since hobbling off injured against Paris Saint-Germain three weeks ago, but when asked if the Belgian was fit to start, Jose Mourinho replied:
Jose: 'Hazard is ready, it's my decision if he starts but he's ready.' #CFC— Chelsea FC (@chelseafc) April 29, 2014
This is obviously great news. Atleti are extremely well organised, and Hazard's one on one ability is one of the few ways we can possibly break them down. He's also our top scorer, and although our guests have a record of shutting the best in the world down so far this season, we have a far better chance of scoring with Hazard available.
- Chelsea to donate Stamford Bridge pitch to Aldershot Town
- Chelsea vs. Atletico Madrid: You choose the squad
- Cech, Terry, Eto'o, and Hazard all return to training ahead of Atletico contest
- Carragher and Neville provide the masterclass punditry that the Chelsea masterclass at Liverpool truly deserves
- The Daily Hilario: Craig Ferguson; Bayern vs. Real