We thought Petr Cech had been taken off early on against Atletico Madrid with a serious elbow injury. Turns out that was wrong, but it's not good news despite that. In fact, it's very very bad news:
Cech has been taken to the CEMTRO Clinic where it's been confirmed he has a dislocated shoulder. pic.twitter.com/Em1ALmZa4K— AS English (@English_AS) April 22, 2014
A dislocated shoulder is awful for Cech, and it's pretty much impossible to envision him playing a further part this season. How long he's out will depend on other factors -- again, we'll need a scan to get a full prognosis, but this is very, very very bad news, and it might result in Thibaut Courtois returning to Stamford Bridge permanently this summer if the injury is severe enough.
Let's hope it's not. Get well soon, Petr.
- Atletico Madrid vs. Chelsea, Champions League: Lineups & Game Thread
- Why Chelsea fans shouldn't stress out over the Mourinho to Manchester United rumours
- Chosen Ones, Special Ones and stability
- The Daily Hilario: Writing in the stars
- Spare a thought for Tiago, the overlooked Chelsea - Mourinho - Atletico connection