Chelsea might be playing their Champions League quarterfinal today, but there was actually CL action for a Blue yesterday. Atletico Madrid had to travel to the Camp Nou to face Barcelona, securing an important 1-1 draw as they look to get to the semifinals. And how did they do this? By leaning on Thibaut Courtois, of course:
Courtois is already good enough to strike fear into the hearts of the rest of La Liga, and at 21 you'd only expect him to be getting better. We're the only club with the problem of having two elite goalkeepers under contract, and what the supporters need to recognise is that it's not a problem at all. Signing Courtois might have been the single smartest move Michael Emenalo has made -- and that's pretty lofty praise. Enjoy Petr Cech. Enjoy Thibaut Courtois. Don't worry about the future until we have to make a decision.
Oh, and one other thing you should see from this game:
- Barcelona handed transfer ban, possibly altering the potential market for David Luiz
- Jose Mourinho only asks for three things
- The Daily Hilario: Dare to Cahill
- Thibaut Courtois hints at a decision on his future in the next week
- PSG vs. Chelsea: Preview, injuries, squad news, television, streaming, weather, and more