My first fan post, as this is how strongly I feel about the absurd nature of this article. It basically bashes Chelsea, John Terry and Mourinho and spreads the love of Gerrard. It is despicable, biased and targeted journalism. And this is not the first article of this nature I've seen on their website recently. How can this guy call himself a journalist. It's just a shameful excuse for writing.
If anyone feels like getting angry, read this article.
My highlights are as follows:
- Terry asked for another professional footballer to be sent off and a referee duly obliged - As if no other footballer has done that. I'll stop my commentary now as I feel the barbaric nature of the comments below speak for themselves.
- Terry doesn’t just have self-belief; he has an unshakeable certainty that he can do and say whatever he wants. This includes persuading a referee to show a second yellow card to Chico Flores, and then having the front to openly admit after the game that he had got to Phil Dowd.
- The Chelsea bench led by Mourinho barked at the fourth official until Dowd changed his mind. It was classic Mourinho – if he can’t win using his expensive players he will get at the officials in a disgraceful manner until they give in to him.
- How many referees have shown two yellows for just two fouls committed in a game? Neither foul denied a clear goalscoring opportunity, and neither caused an injury. One was even in the Chelsea half. - Ok I can't help myself, so if I punch a fellow player but it's in their own half, no foul right?
- And it’s hard to blame Dowd. Memories are still fresh of Anders Frisk retiring early from refereeing after Mourinho questioned his integrity. The Chelsea’s manager’s accusations were followed by death threats for the Swede. I’d forgive any official for not wanting to go through that ordeal.