In news that will surprise a grand total of nobody, Jose Mourinho has said that he will not be changing his defence for Chelsea's visit to the Parc Des Princes to face Paris Saint-Germain on Wednesday:
Mourinho reveals his defence and goalkeeper will be unchanged for the game but declines a request to name more of the side. #CFC— Chelsea FC (@chelseafc) April 1, 2014
That means Petr Cech, Cesar Azpilicueta, John Terry, Gary Cahill and Branislav Ivanovic will all be playing tomorrow, which again, is no surprise because they always play anyway -- I'm pretty sure that Mourinho would be happy to declare that if he had his way that quintet would play for the remainder of the season. It's further forward that's more interesting. With Nemanja Matic cup-tied, the midfield is a big question. We'll almost certainly see Ramires, whose suspension is for domestic matches only, but as for his partner it's pretty much anyone's guess.
I suppose we'll find out tomorrow.
- Dutch FA to launch an official investigation on the influence Chelsea wields at Vitesse
- Edinson Cavani sends mixed transfer messages
- PSG vs. Chelsea you choose the squad
- The men who would be kings: Meet the princes of Paris Saint-Germain
- The Daily Hilario: April Fools'; Champions League quarterfinals begin