According to Di Marzio, Mario Mandzukic's agent is in London to talk to Chelsea and Arsenal. But don't get your hopes up, Blues fans (or Arsenal fans, I guess) -- the report suggests that he's only there to gauge possible interest from teams ahead of a probable move away from Bayern Munich this summer. No, the arrival of Robert Lewandowski is probably not a coincidence.
But even with hopes lowered, the fact remains that Mandzukic is a good striker and he'll be searching for a new home this summer. That can only bode well for us. While the Croatian wouldn't be my first option in the upcoming transfer window, he's still more than good enough to be starting for a top Champions League side, and he'd represent an enormous upgrade on the current crop of strikers. He works hard and scores goals. What more could you want?
- Matchday 31: Chelsea vs. Arsenal
- Chelsea vs. Arsenal: You choose the squad
- Fernando Torres says nice things about Diego Simeone, makes Chelsea fans believe he might finally be leaving
- Chelsea 'prepared' to let Courtois compete against Cech in preseason
- Marco van Ginkel set to feature for the under-21s on Friday