Marco van Ginkel will feature for #CFCU21s tomorrow evening away to Manchester United as part of the rehab of his injured knee.— Chelsea Youth (@chelseayouth) March 20, 2014
We don't know if he'll be starting or not just yet but that he's playing at all at a reasonably competitive level is a great sign after his knee ligament injury in late September. Everything about his recovery has been quick, and although Jose Mourinho said a few months ago that he wasn't going to be featuring for the first team this season, if he can make an impression -- and stay healthy -- at the youth level, it's not completely out of the question that he puts himself back into the manager's plans.
With a World Cup coming up and Holland losing Kevin Strootman to injury, van Ginkel has all the motivation he needs to make an impact at the tail end of the season. Whether he actually can or not is a different story, but it'll be fun watching him try. If you have Chelsea TV, you can catch the under-21 game at 7 pm GMT (3 pm EDT) on Friday.
- We're running out of superlatives for Man of the Match Eden Hazard
- The Daily Hilario: March Madness, Day 1; Europa League
- At play in the Garden of Eden: watch Hazard toy with the Galatasaray defense
- Eden Hazard wants to compete with Messi, Ronaldo
- Who do you want to see Chelsea draw for the Champions League quarterfinals?