Nathan Ake has been assigned number 27 for the remainder of the season, according to the club's website. He's now found listed among the first team squad when browsing, and the following tweet brought that to everyone's attention this morning:
Ake wore number 57 in his limited first team exposure last season, and many would take the lower squad number as a good indicator that he's very much in the long term plans. The last player to be assigned number 27 at Chelsea was Sam Hutchinson, during the 2011/12 season.
Also of note, poor Henrique Hilario doesn't appear to have a number this season.
- Watch Matic shine against Yaya Toure and Manchester City
- Public Service Announcement: The 'beautiful young eggs' have hatched
- Dispatches from the Department of Out-tacticking: The Chelsea Masseur Rises
- A match at the Etihad can only mean one thing: Tunnel Cam Time!
- City's record crumbles as Chelsea grab deserved away win