Jose Mourinho was sweating on the fitness of a trio of players going into Wednesday's Champions League match against Galatasaray -- John Obi Mikel, David Luiz and Oscar were all struggling with minor knocks. That situation has not been resolved one way or the other, but there's good news: All three are travelling with Chelsea to Istanbul today, which means they're all still in contention to feature in the midweek game.
That's particular happy where the midfield is concerned, since Chelsea are without Nemanja Matic and desperately need at least one of Mikel and David Luiz fit. And with Mohamed Salah also cup-tied, Oscar's inclusion in the squad gives Mourinho more options than just running a front line of Andre Schurrle, Willian and Eden Hazard.
The full list is as follows:
- The Daily Hilario: Closing ceremonies and implosions and sadness
- Mourinho: Getting Ibrahimovic, Cavani, or Falcao is 'impossible'
- Winning goal, clean sheet all in a day's work for man of the match John Terry
- Rumour: Drogba to make summer return to Stamford Bridge -- as coach
- Ancelotti rules out Thibaut Courtois move