Chelsea wonderkid Islam Feruz is set to sign a new four-year contract this week, and then be sent out on loan.
The Scotland Under-21 striker is regarded as one of the hottest properties in the country.
Chelsea poached the Somalian-born star from Celtic in 2011 for £400,000 and he is now close to their first-team after starring at junior level, but boss Jose Mourinho wants the 18-year-old to gain experience in the Championship.
The first bit is nothing new, as we've been hearing about a potential extension for the past several weeks. A January loan to a Championship side is information I hadn't previously seen though, and is certainly interesting if true.
Feruz was generally outperforming Patrick Bamford at the U18 and U21 levels, but Bamford's physical tools made him the first one of the pair sent out on loan. After tearing up League One, Bamford has opened his Championship account with a pair of big goals for Derby.
Whether or not Feruz is ready for the same level of competition will be interesting to see, but I'd be more than a little curious to see what he can do against seasoned professionals. If The Mirror is correct, we won't have to wait too much longer to see how he fares.
- Luke Shaw would prefer Chelsea to Manchester United, according to report
- Mohamed Salah to Chelsea: the financial impact of the transfer
- You absolutely have to read this interview with Eden Hazard
- Mourinho reacts to Manchester City draw
- Chelsea goalkeeper joins FK Sarajevo on loan for the remainder of the season