Jose Mourinho spoke to the media on Friday, an opportunity the media were surely waiting for. Since the last time the boss sat down in front of the camera, Chelsea have reportedly reached a deal to allow their two time player of the year to leave the club. The club have also announced in that period that they've reached an agreement to sign Mohamed Salah from FC Basel.
Mourinho confirmed that Chelsea received a bid, which has been accepted. He also confirmed that Mata has been allowed to travel to Manchester for a medical, and that a deal should be completed 'sooner rather than later'. What Mourinho can't confirm is the status of the player's medical with Manchester United, or any specific timetable on when the move will become official.
Mourinho also called the offer from United a 'good' one, though he refused to get into the specifics of the deal. The manager also confirmed that Mata expressed his desire to make the move, though he didn't go into too much depth with that either. We'll have more from the presser soon.
- Bertrand Traore will finally arrive at Vitesse on Saturday
- How do visiting goalkeepers fare at Stamford Bridge?
- Liverpool still in the dark over Salah after Chelsea poach winger
- Loanee wins Football League Young Player of the Month for December
- Report: Mata delays are down to Chelsea
- Man United sponsors Chevrolet misfire, "confirm" Mata signing on Twitter
- Expectations high in Egypt as Chelsea, Salah close in on deal