Despite rumours of a deal with "an unnamed club", it appears Demba Ba won't be leaving after all, and that the arrival of Samuel Eto'o will instead see Romelu Lukaku loaned out for another year. The BBC's Ben Smith has the following to say:
It's not an ideal situation if Romelu Lukaku is sent out on loan again, given his proximity to the Chelsea first team, but, as one of the club's prized assets, Chelsea will be seeking out the best loan deal possible for him should he be sent out.
More from We Ain't Got No History:
- Everton looking for Romelu Lukaku loan, according to reports
- Report: Demba Ba deal agreed with "unnamed team," not Arsenal or Tottenham
- Report: Demba Ba passes Arsenal medical
- Arsenal, Roma in talks about Demba Ba, according to reports
- The final three hours of deadline day are upon us, come join us at WAGNH