It's good to be back here in the friendly confines of the WAGNH cave. Vacation was swell, I re-upped my tan, worked on my turrible golf game and got some water volleyball action for a few days. I wasn't able to comment on my phone anymore on the other thread due to the amount of comments so here's your new playground.
Chuck's reaction after I sliced another one into the woods.
- Jozy Altidore is back for a second stint in the Premier League joining the Paolo Di Canio revolution in Sunderland. Jozy has actually set a record with this transfer. He has become the most expensive transfer ever of a US player. Who held the previous record? Jozy Altidore.
- Di Canio is not done yet. Sunderland have launched a bid for Italy international and Juve's Emanuele Giaccherini. If the bid is accepted, then props to Di Canio for a pretty good showing in the transfer market.
- Roberto Martinez has successfully raided his former team by snatching up Antolin Alcaraz, Arouna Kone, and now he has snatched up the goalkeeper that took his team to FA Cup glory and usurped Ali Al-Habsi as first choice, Joel Robles. Joel was on loan from Athletico Madrid and apparently Martinez liked him so much, he decided to buy him outright.
- The best striker ever in the history of mankind ever to grace this earth ever of all time forever and ever looks like he is going to join Eintracht Frankfurt. No, not Zlatan, silly rabbits...trix are for kids. I'm talking about THE one THE only........Nicklas Bendtner!
- Chelsea have found their back up goalkeeper in 40 year old virgin...I mean 40 year old ex-Fulham goalkeeper, Mark Schwarzer. I LOVE this signing.
- Chelsea also snapped up West Brom's prized jewel, Izzy Brown.
- Napoli are reportedly close to signing Jose Maria Callejon from Real Madrid as well as long time Spurs target Leandro Damiao.
- Wilfried Bony to Swansea is official and the club will make a formal announcement within the next 24 hours. According to BBC the fee is around £13m, setting a new club record. He's definitely going to be on my fantasy team this season. I love Wilfried. Just thought I'd share that with all of you.
- Newcastle are looking to add Darren Bent and Loic Remy. Alan Pardew is trying to force Joe Kinnear into strengthening the squad and those two are on the top of his list. Apparently, Joe Kinnear thought Darren Bent was actually Emile Heskey which led to quite the awkward phone call between Kinnear and Heskey. No, that did not actually happen, I made it up. Anyway, back to reality, Remy has a release clause apparently, that is triggered if QPR got relegated. Obviously they got relegated so his release clause has been triggered and reportedly is around £7 million.
- Grant Holt has decided to move on to lead the line at Wigan. His motivation was simply playing in the Europa League. He said, "The Europa League was a massive pull for me. It [European football] is something I’ve never done in my career, and I’m hoping we can have a good spell in that."
- Roma is looking to acquire Gervinho from Arsenal.
- Norwich are close to signing Martin Olsson from Blackburn for about £2m.
- Man United are ready to launch an improved bid for Leighton Baines and they just might get him this time. If they don't, then I'm sure the bid after that will get it done. I don't think the season starts with Baines in an Everton uniform. Consider him a Man United player as far as I'm concerned.
Feels good to be part of something that's WINNING, eh?
CHEERS TO THE LUKAKU ERA!