We made it a full 7 days before needing a new thread! Great job guys, we set a record. We are getting painfully close to the start of the season and if you're like me, you're peeing your pants with excitement! But don't worry, no one will know because I'm wearing Depends!
- Bafetimbi Gomis is edging ever closer to a Lyon exit. Newcastle made a bid but it doesn't match Lyon's 10 million Euro valuation so most likely they will have to come back with another bid. Tottenham have also been linked with Gomis, if they continue to fail to reach an agreement with Sevilla for Soldado, he is said to be the back up plan.
- West Ham tried to lure Kalou back to England but good ol' Kalou rejected them. 'Atta boy!
- Benfica forward Nelson Olivieria has joined Rennes on a season long loan. Stoke City were after him as well but the French club beat them out.
- Evian and Ivory Coast striker Yannick Sangbo is being linked with a move to Hull City and the deal is supposedly very close to completion.
- Everton are tracking Juve striker Alessandro Matri. With Llorente, Tevez and Vucinic, Matri is 4th choice at Juve so a move away for him makes complete sense. This would be a very good signing for Everton, in my opinon.
- Ghanasoccernet.com are saying AC Milan are trying to sell Kevin Prince Boateng to help fund their attempts to bring in Cristian Eriksen.
- West Ham are trying to convince Scott Parker to take a pay cut and come back.
- Crystal Palace are said to be interested in Johan Elmander. Elmander has not found much luck at Gala and a move to Palace could be good for him and Palace.
- Here's a laugh from The Metro: "Manchester United Prepare 80million bid for Cristiano Ronaldo" lolololol
- How about the Daily Mail? "Fabregas wants to quit Barcelona for Manchester United. Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas has told friends he wants to leave Camp Nou for Manchester United. The Spain international is attracted by regular soccer at Old Trafford and the prospect of linking up with Robin van Persie." lolololol - how do they not understand, the kid does not want to leave Barca. He threw a hissy fit just to go there because of how much he loves it, you think he wants to leave already? let's be real.
- Gary Hooper has officially joined Norwich after stealing him from QPR.
- Marco Verratti has handed in a transfer request. Free-spending Napoli are circling. I like this kid a lot, maybe it's my Italian bias but I think he has the potential to be world class.
- Fulham are going after Pablo Osvaldo. They reportedly made a 12 million bid but Roma want 17 million. This could happen soon and if it does, well done, Fulham.
- Sticking with Roma - they signed Morgan De Sanctis from Napoli. With the Pepe Reina signing De Sanctis was now the back up and with Roma selling Steklenburg to Fulham, he fills their void there. Hmmmm, Fulham and Roma starting quite the relationship.
And I leave you with Kevin De Bruyne as a child:
sources: espnfc, l'equipe, metro, daily mail, sky sports