The 2013 Asian tour is now officially in the books, and the next time we see the Blues play, they'll be approximately half way around the world in the United States. It ended with a bang though, as Chelsea dominated the Indonesian competition as most would have expected them to.
First half goals from Eden Hazard, Ramires, Demba Ba, and John Terry were met with quite a few changes at the break, and the Blues just kept pounding the ball at the net throughout the second half. Bertrand Traore started it with a beauty, and Romelu Lukaku added a sixth before you could type Bertrand Traore.
Lukaku picked out Ramires on the counter, and just like that it was 7-0. Lucas Piazon then left one on a plate for the Kraken, and Chelsea had eight. An own goal was some consolation for the hosts, as a deflected ball off of Tomas Kalas found it's way past Mark Schwarzer.
Here are some thoughts in the immediate aftermath of this one:
- There were some very impressive performances from the young Blues in the first half, with all of Wallace, Marco van Ginkel, and Nathaniel Chalobah putting in fantastic displays. All three could easily have had a goal to go along with their impressive performances.
- Ryan Bertrand's set piece delivery on the fourth goal was superb. That was as close to picture perfect as you could ask, and it's clear that Jose Mourinho has been working hard with the club on set pieces this preseason.
- I almost fell off of my couch laughing when Eden Hazard couldn't figure out what to do when one on one with the Indonesia keeper. He looked like he's been hanging out with Fernando Torres too much.
- I'm fascinated by Bertrand Traore right now. It's hard to take too much away from meaningless friendlies like this one, but wow. This might be the best "trial" anyone yet to sign a professional contract has ever had at a club.
- The support sounded like it was incredible, but I wish they wouldn't bring whistles to the match. Not much is more irritating than constantly hearing some clown in the stands trying to halt play.
More from We Ain't Got No History:
- Lucas Piazon would like to spend this season in the Premier League
- Schurrle, Lampard to be witheld from BNI friendly with 'niggling injuries'
- If Etienne Capoue only costs €10m, why aren't Chelsea involved?
- Chelsea release third kit for 2013/14... and it's not too bad
- Nathaniel Chalobah would prefer a Premier League loan
- Did Chelsea remember to send a birthday card to Daniele De Rossi?