Great victory over Manchester United today. Great because it ended with three points. (Who cares about style points on days like this?)
Now, I am SO moved onto the Spurs game.
I'd love to hear what everyone is thinking about our lineup Wednesday, knowing that if we win, we'e virtually assured 4th place due to our big advantage in goal difference over Tottenham.
One big question I have is whether Luiz is better placed in central defense or midfield in terms of stopping Bale?
So, for purposes of starting the conversation:
- Cahill has good pace on the back line
- Luiz is both a threat going forward and offers help at the back. So you've got the three centerbacks with the most place on the pitch, plus a real boss at holding mid. I will admit to being worried about Ramires and the miles he has logged in recent matches.
- Maybe use Mikel in pivot instead of Luiz if he's fit and move Sideshow back.
- Moses rather than Oscar to help with tracking back at pace.
- Torres rather than Ba for better defending/harassment.
I'm assuming El Rafalucion will use whatever he considers to be his strongest available lineup, whatever that might be. Because a victory essentially allows him to run out Marin, Yossi, Ake against Aston Villa if that's what he wants -- leaving his best squad available for Benfica.
I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts.