There have been many speculations regarding a bid (Kevin De bruyne + 10m) for Leverkusen’s Andre Schurrle. The Blues failed with three different bids to land Schurrle in the summer but remain big fans of the Germany international. Chelsea’s technical director Michael Emenalo recommended going all out to sign Schurrle even though Chelsea do not have a permanent manager. Bayern Leverkusen have previously rated Schurrle for about 25m keeping in mind he also has a contract with them until 2016.
Kevin De Bruyne joined Chelsea from Genk in January 2011 however he has never played for them. But instead, he was on loan to Germany where he played for Werder Bremen and impressed the majority. The midfielder has earlier admitted he is unsure of his future with Chelsea. It seems as if the English side are using De Bruyne’s unsettled conditions as a way to lure Schurrle from Leverkusen.
Here are some of the players’ specialties:
Kevin De Bruyne:
1) As Chelsea plays a 4-2-3-1 formation he will fit very well in the double pivot.
2) He can play on both wings
3) He has incredible long passing and vision
4) He is a very good set piece taker
1) He is a very quick dribbler
2) He has a very accurate powerful shot
3) He can play in the left wing, in the CAM position or as a striker
4) He has a very good weak foot
All in all, they are both great players which will both fit in very well at Chelsea. However, in my opinion, Chelsea are in need of a player like De Bruyne more than Schurrle at the moment as Chelsea have recently signed left winger Eden Hazard which is very similar to Schurrle. Also keeping in mind the possibility of Lampard not renewing his contract and Chelsea lacking players in the double pivot Kevin De Bruyne can solve many of Chelsea’s midfield problems.