Nike always makes the coolest ads. While this one doesn't quite get to the same hallowed levels as the epic 'Write the Future' one from World Cup 2010*, we do still have almost 200 days to go so I'm sure they will come up with something excellent.
At least they didn't go all psychodrama on us like adidas with their Oscar-Torres effort last month. And be sure to watch for a quick cameo in Paulinho's segment: the one and only; the original!
In addition to tying in to the World Cup, the main, immediate goal of the promotion is to help launch the new Brazil kit.
In a shocking development, it's yellow! Looking good.
*others that come to mind:
- Ned Stark narrates, Cantona presides over the Secret Tournament series (World Cup 2002)
- Take it to the next level, first person POV (warning: high Arsenal content)
- Team Brazil gets bored at an airport (World Cup 1998)
- The first one I remember, Good vs. Evil (1996)
- From the other football, Leave Nothing (for the Last of the Mohicans music alone) or Fate, which is perhaps the best ever (2008)
Anyway, I should watch less TV.