As soon as we saw what the weather in London was doing today, I'm sure many of us half expected a scoreless draw. While Chelsea generally looked the more likely side to score, in the end the scoreless draw is what we ended up with.
While a win would have been quite a bit more fun, a point from this fixture is certainly a decent outcome. That leaves us two points adrift after 17 games, not a bad position to be in with January reinforcements to come. We'll have the full match report up for you in a bit, but for now here are a few thoughts on the game:
- I was fairly pleased when I saw the squad this evening, given the 80 mph winds and waterlogged pitch. The one place I wasn't thrilled was the inclusion of Fernando Torres, as I thought Demba Ba would have been perfect for a sloppy, error filled game.
- Say what you will about Mourinho's 'negative' tactics to start the game, but Chelsea were the only side to create anything of note in the first half.
- It will be interesting to see whether or not the FA decide to take a closer look at the Mikel tackle from the first half. I'll be very curious to see what Mike Dean had to say about it.
- Arsene Wenger should probably look into velcro or snaps, as the zipper continues to trouble him.
- Mike Dean did a terrible job of keeping control of the game, something that seems to be the case anytime an official tries to 'let the players play'.
- Report: Omeruo receives 'massive boost' to Chelsea career
- The Lazar Markovic rumours are back
- Mourinho took a paycut to join Chelsea and hopes to stay for 12 years
- Are Inter having second thoughts about selling Fredy Guarin?
- No decision on Kevin De Bruyne expected before January
- Arsenal vs. Chelsea: Squad News, TV & Streaming Information, Preview