Another week of loan action is in the books for Chelsea's players spread throughout the continent, so why don't we get right into what they have done? As we've started looking at the Vitesse six on their own, today's roundup won't feature any of that group. Here's what the remaining continental loanees did this week:
- Thibaut Courtois (Atletico Madrid) - Courtois sat out the midweek Cup tie, but was in action against Valencia this weekend. He kept yet another clean sheet, though the fact that Valencia didn't put a single shot on target left the result in little doubt.
- Marko Marin (Sevilla) - Broken.
- Oriol Romeu (Valencia) - Romeu has been seeing time on the pitch of late, and was given a start this past weekend against Atletico. He'll likely wish he was left on the bench for that one, as he had an absolutely awful game. That performance was probably the reason he was left out of the squad for today's cup tie.
- Matej Delac (FK Vojvodina) - Delac won't be in action for a while, as his side's winter break does not end until the end of February.
- Stipe Perica (NAC Breda) - Perica got to see some Chelsea teammates this past weekend, as NAC lost 3-2 to Vitesse. Perica had a decent enough game, though he gave away a penalty that Lucas Piazon ended up putting away. Does that count as an assist?
- Wallace (Inter Milan) - Wallace had a great view from the bench as Inter's attempt to comeback in Naples was put to bed by one of the worst red cards I've ever seen.
- Thorgan Hazard (Zulte Waregem) - Hazard picked up another assist over the weekend as Zulte Waregem saw off a comfortable 3-0 victory. Zulte currently sit just four points from the top of the table with two games to play before the winter break.
- Ulises Davila (Cordoba) - Davila wasn't able to find the back of the net despite several good opportunities, but still had a very solid showing in his side's 1-0 victory over Tenerife.
- Jhon Pirez (CD Leganes) - Pirez didn't make it off the bench this weekend as his side were protecting a one-goal lead.