Why is Pep Guardiola so desperate to bring Luis Suarez to Bayern Munich? Because he knows he needs a Messi-type player if he wants to emulate his success at Barcelona. I predict that if Pep fails to get a Messi-type match-winner to join Bayern, then he won't win the European Champions League again while he is working in Germany.
The problem for Pep is, how many Messi-type players are there right now that can be realistically purchased by Bayern Munich? Let's see:
1) Lionel Messi himself - €250 million buy-out clause. No way, Jose.
2) Cristiano Ronaldo - After snubbing him at the FIFA awards? No way, Jose.
3) Sergio Aguero - Possible, but could Bayern match his current £250,000 a week salary at Manchester City? And why would Aguero want to move? Why would MC sell him? Why why why, Jose?
4) Carlos Tevez - Good player but wants to retire soon/return to Argentina. So most probably not, Jose.
5) Neymar - Possible, but totally unproven in Europe. Why buy the unproven player when Pep could potentially get...
6) Luis Suarez - The closest thing to Messi since Messi. Vilified by British media and opposition fans, may be ready for a move. His current £120,000 a week salary at Liverpool is relatively low, and a good salary increase may tempt him, in addition to Pep's promises to make him better than Messi + Champion's League football. This is why Pep wants and thinks he can get Suarez!
And this is why Suarez will end up at Chelsea this summer. Call it Roman's revenge.