Gathering the latest tidbits from here, there, and everywhere in between. Yes, it's time for a glorious recap of all things Chelsea that don't deserve an individual post. Without much ado:
Hooray it's my birthday!
In rapid-fire format, here goes nothing:
- Happy Birthday, Nando-san. Seems good things come to those who wait- be it goals or, in this case, CAKE. Good on ya.
- Chelsea have made the bizarre decision to extend the contract of Hilario, who was due to be released this summer at the expiration of his current deal. Seems the brass elected to retain his services for another campaign, which is completely beyond reason if you ask me. I mean, it's not like we're struggling for quality young keepers. Certainly, this has to be the end of RAWSE's career in Blue (here's hoping). Also, this has to scupper the belief that Thibaut will join our ranks this summer. Another year of toiling in the Madrid sun for the Belgian then- and we can all enjoy watching his price tag rise infinitely.
- Speaking of Courtois, it was reported yesterday that Real Madrid had a 22 million euro offer rejected offhand by the Blues. Keep an eye out for how this develops.
- Jacob Mellis has severed ties with the club, after he was found culpable for that smoke-bomb on the training ground incident. You'll recall, a smoke grenade was set off in the reserve team dressing room- it was acquired and brought into the facility by Billy Clifford, but ignited by Mellis. Seems the club have taken the liberty of tendering Mellis a pink slip, while Clifford slipped by without losing out on that shiny new four-year contract he inked last summer. Sad news for Jacob but in fairness, he really should have been more mature. As one of the more seasoned reserves, he had to be the type to lead by example- instead, he's lost out on a peach of an opportunity.
- Add this to the list of ridiculous rumors: Chelsea are preparing a massive bid for Newcastle pair Tim Krul and Cheick Tiote. Color me confused. In my eyes, we have no business buying Krul (overrated) but Tiote on the other hand is a very intriguing player. The rumor list, as it exists today, believes we're also planning a swoop for Hulk and Falcao- but seeing as how Andre's no longer employed, I think those stories will start to dry up in the coming weeks.
- Want more? It would appear Frank Lampard has a suitor from the Far East. Guizhou Renhe are salivating at the idea of adding Frank to the ranks, and preparing a bumper contract offer somewhere in the vicinity of £250,000/week for his services. We've already lost Nelks to a Chinese outfit, and we're still nowhere in the realm of confirming Didier's extension (implying there's a damn good chance he winds up in Asia with Nico). So why not add this to the bizzaro world that has become "Where our aging legends go to ply the twilight of their respective careers". Next, they'll say John is ready to set up shop in Qatar.
- Finally, it's been confirmed by Bobby during his pre-match presser that John Terry and Oriol Romeu are set to miss out on tomorrow's trip to the Etihad. Seems John will be fine in time for Spurs over the weekend, while Romeu continues to befuddle us all with his incredible disappearing act. Fingers crossed they both heal, sharpish.
Stay tuned for a City preview. For now, Carefree.