There's been a lot of stuff going on in the past couple of days, and with less than 24 hours left in the transfer window it's all gotten a little overwhelming. Let's review where Chelsea are at in their various transfer wheelings and dealings over the past few days.
- Ulises Davila has been sent on a season-long loan to Vitesse Arnhem after signing with Chelsea from Chivas de Guadelajara on Satruday. As confirmed transfer go, an outgoing loan just isn't that exciting. [Full Story]
- After Luka Modric played for an hour against Manchester City on Sunday, it looked unlikely that the Croatian midfielder was coming to Stamford Bridge, even if Chelsea offered silly money for him. On Tuesday, Modric admitted that a deal probably wasn't happening, and several hours later the BBC reported that it was totally dead. That doesn't mean it couldn't revive at this point, but it's pretty improbable at this point. [Full Story]
- Reports out of Belgium were suggesting that Chelsea and RC Genk have come to an agreement regarding young winger Kevin de Bruyne, who's been rumoured to be a Chelsea target for approximately forever. Apparently, a fee for de Bruyne has been agreed, with the 20-year-old set to stay on loan at Genk for a further season (although he'd be ineligible to play against Chelsea in the Champions League group stages). However, there's been zero confirmation of this from either club, and this could easily slip through the cracks on Wednesday. [Full Story]
- Liverpool midfielder Raul Meireles has been suggested as a possible Chelsea target, and it turns out that Chelsea have indeed made a bid for him, offering £8M and Yossi Benayoun for the Pprtuguese's services. Unsurprisingly, the Reds turned Chelsea down, and it's unclear if the club is willing to up their offer anytime soon - Liverpool certainly have no incentive to sell at a cut-price rate. [Full Story]
- Speaking of Yossi Benayoun, the Israeli midfielder is almost certainly out the door after tweeting that he's in negotiations with several teams over a transfer. Benayoun is believer to be in London finalising contract details with his new team, and this move is expected to be announced on Wednesday. [Full Story]
- A few Chelsea boys are set to head out on loan, with Patrick van Aanholt, Ryan Bertrand and Gael Kakuta leading the charge. Josh McEachran, on the other hand, will not be loaned out, because he's apparently ready for first team action. Note to Andre Villas-Boas: So give him some, then. [Full Story]
- Finally, Alvaro Pereira is, depending on who you listen to, joining Chelsea for £27M, joining Chelsea for £20M, or not joining Chelsea at all. Confused? We are too, but all you should know is that until Porto confirm the deal, there is no deal. [Full Story]
- No, Branislav Ivanovic isn't going anywhere. No, Chelsea are not buying Franck Ribery from Bayern Munich. Nobody is getting either Eden Hazard or Mario Goetze. At least it was fun dreaming about the latter two, though!
And remember, there's always a bunch of nonsense going on that we don't know about. Per Mertesacker wasn't linked to Arsenal until about three hours before they signed him, Fulham have snatched Costa Rica Bryan Ruiz out of nowhere, etc etc etc. Just because we're not hearing anything doesn't mean nothing is happening.
Anyway, we'll do our best to keep everyone updated as things start to get even more insane as the clock ticks towards 11:00 PM in England. And believe me, things are going to get insane (although possibly not as crazy as last January).